What the heck is going on with Wikipedia and Google? Yesterday morning, Wikipedia and Google, along with other websites, blacked out to raise awareness and protest SOPA and PIPA, Stop Online Piracy Act and Protect IP Act. They were created with the idea that they would stop websites that Pirate movies, music, etc. by allowing companies to ask the government to blacklist and block websites that the companies accuse of piracy from the general public. Some people say that it is a much needed change to stop piracy. Some people say that allowing the government to censor the interweb will encroach on our freedom or press and will allow the government or big corporations to get rid of websites that they don't like. Google and Wikipedia are all encouraging Americans to contact their local congressmen and sign petitions against SOPA and PIPA.
I think it's good that these websites are taking a stand against these invasive acts. I feel like the government keeps trying to get more and more powers that aren't theirs to have. I'm not anti-government, I just think that the government is sticking their nose into things that aren't theirs to deal with. I feel like as Americans it is our job and our right to stand up against what we don't like and stand up for what we believe in. So, anyways, that's my political rant for today. Enjoy!
Now, on to other topics, HIGH SCHOOL. You may know someone in high school, or you may be related to someone in high school, but you are not yet in high school. Are you excited? Worried? Anxious? All of the above? Me too! Where are you going for high school? I think I'm either going to Academy or Sandia High. Tell me where you're either going or where you want to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment