Ahh... It's another beautiful Albuquerque day. It's not quite fall yet, so it's still pretty hot. At night or in the evening, though, it's wonderfully perfect. Not too chilly, not too warm. Just right! I'll be heading to the International Balloon Fiesta soon, so I'll update you on that as soon as I get back! The International Balloon Fiesta is an annual event where balloonists and balloon enthusiasts unite to celebrate good old ABQ's specialty: hot air balloons. I've already started to see balloons around town, as well. Actually,a few mornings ago I saw a balloon land behind a building not too far from where I was going.
There are lots of great activities to do at the Fiesta. There is a mass ascension, when the sky is painted with the thousands of balloons in the air. There's also dawn patrol at, well, dawn, and firework shows and balloon glows in the evening. The entire festival is filled with interesting and occasionally eccentric shops, amazing food, local music, and an all around wonderful family experience.
I don't want to go too "in depth" on the Balloon Fiesta today, only so I have something to talk about when I get back! All I can tell you is balloons+Albuquerque+funnel cake=AWESOME. There's even a great firework show at night! Well, it's also state fair time, but I'm not sure if I''m going. I can ask a friend about it and get back to you later.
I am loving the weather here in Albuquerque too! Not too excited for winter time when it gets cold. I am also excited for the Balloon Fiesta. I have family coming into town!
ReplyDelete