Thursday, October 6, 2011

BALLOONS FIESTA THIS WEEK

Yup, that's right! The ever-popular International Balloon Fiesta started this saturday! I'm going to visit today, actually. Some people go every day the whole time. There are some people who even park their trailers at the park (you can pay a special fee to do that) and live there during the whole event! I have one of those special hats that you collect pins on. Someday, when I'm 50, I'll have the whole hat covered (no comments on my dorkiness, please)! The other day, I watched a dawn ascension. I recognized the following special shapes: Darth Vader, The Wells Fargo Wagon, The Creamland Cow, The Angel, a Fish, The Pink Elephant, and, my #1 favorite, The Tourist Penguin! (See side of blog for picture).

The weather is now beautifully chilly! It may warm up later but mornings and late afternoons/evenings are very nice. I'm excited because the colder seasons really perk me up, what with Balloon Fiesta, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Boxing day, Festivus, and Christmas. Fall/Winter is altogether the best time of year! (The most wonderful time of the year is still Christmas. Listen to the song!) Plus, in ABQ, there is rarely a harsh winter, although there is usually not so much snow. (But I'm still dreaming of a white Christmas). Ok, ok. No comments on my obsessions. Now for "Things to do at the Balloon Fiesta"!


Things to do at Balloon Fiesta

(besides watching balloons)



  1. Check out the stores like the Russian Store or Crazy Hat Store.


  2. Eat fair food! Try roasted corn or cheese curds. Don't forget to end the day with some delicious funnel cake!


  3. Buy Souvenirs. Got an Aunt in Chicago whose birthday is coming up? Or just want to remember the best day ever?


  4. Go people watching. Follow a person around (discreetly, of course) and make up a story about them.


  5. Take a Balloon ride!

Off to the Balloons!

No comments:

Post a Comment